SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5, 2020 @ 2 PM ATLANTIC
FALLING LEAVES FACEBOOK LIVE ON WOOLY MASON JAR DYERS GROUP
We will learn to create Falling Leaves in the microwave in 3 minutes!
I will also discuss how to darken previously dyed wool to a different value.
Review for beginners and oldies...yes that’s you! How to manage your jars and tag your swatches for future reference.
To dye along for Fall Leaves have W3 Orange, W5 Yellow and W6 Yellow Green solutions warmed and ready to go. We will use these colors to also dye the swatches in the review.
SEE YOU SATURDAY!
Barn Wood class
JOIN ME ON WOOLY MASON JAR DYERS
SATURDAY AUG 22 @ 2 PM ATLANTIC
We will dye easy crockpot Barn Wood and microwave dyeing it too! Beginner lesson on how to do easily dye any size wool or yarn NO MATH!
Thanks for any donations that will help me to continue withe the virtual classes! I am alone in my business so these costs add up.
I love sharing with you! Thank you ❤️
Please note that each class dyed wool/yarn plus a few extra Lucy goodies will be drawn for during class from donations from one class day to the next. It will make you smile when the mailman comes!
1 ballot per donation and 1 ballot per every $10 donation after that. So a $20 donation gives you 2 ballots etc.
PAST CLASSES! Zoom Saturday 11 2020, 2pm Atlantic
Please note Zoom registration says 3pm but it its 2 PM ATLANTIC
It has been tooo long!
This week Zoom we will learn an microwave overlaying dye technique called Modigliani’s Wall (Alice). We can set up some jars to Sun Dye. I will also do a tutorial on how to use the often overlooked 4 sample Shades card in your playing card set and how to use that conversion sleeve.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: July 11, 2020 02:00 PM Halifax
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
1. 2 - 4 cup empty mason jars. W7 Green, W8 Blue Green, W9 Blue and Black solution heated a stirred.
2. Kettle full of boiled water
3. Citric acid
4. Large glass jars for setting out in the garden. Large dill pickle jars will work, the bigger the better. Also your favorite 2 or 3 Wooly Mason Jar solution jars, heated and stirred.
5. Gather us various wools in random sizes any colors or yarns, nylon, silk, sexy jersey. Anything you want to sun dye.
6. Your Color Wheel Clock print is you have one...not necessary as I will use mine.
7. 1/16 yd wool fabric, any natural or pastel will work. 20 g yarn
8. Sense of humor.
You should have an apron and gloves on. No mask needed because we are not using powdered dyes, but feel free to wear one.
This little dyeing session will help you virtually get out of the house and take an informal class with me. We will have a few laughs and make for beautiful wool.